How To Jailbreak iOS 10.2 (Yalu Jailbreak)
Since iOS 10 was released we haven’t seen a jailbreak nor have we heard from any of the regular jailbreak teams. Whether it is because they have stepped back or because Apple genuinely has made it harder to produce a jailbreak is anyone’s guess and, with iOS 10.2 being the latest iOS update, it seems that the gap is widening. Or it was until Italian hacker Luca Todesco came to the rescue. Todesco has released Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10.2 despite telling us that things were going to get harder in the future.
Before You Jailbreak :
However, before you get too excited, you do need to read the following.
- Yalu jailbreak is in beta and may cause some instability issues and bugs. It is easily deleted though if it does cause you any problems.
- It is a semi untethered jailbreak and that means you are going to have to Rejailbreak your iOS 10.2 device each time you reboot your device [ more details below ]
- You cannot directly install Yalu on your device, you must side load it using Cydia Impactor and we have the steps for that below.
How to Install Yalu on iOS 10.2 :
Make sure you follow these steps exactly as written.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and back your data up using iTunes and/or iCloud
- Make sure you disable the following [ they can be enabled again afterward ]. Passcode, Touch ID, Find My iPhone | iPad
- Download Yalu IPA File onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your computer and then open it
- Find the Yalu IPA File and drag and drop it into the Cydia Impactor window
- You will now need to input your Apple ID details
- Cydia Impactor will side load Yalu onto your iPhone or iPad so be patient
- When it has finished, disconnect your device and then open your Settings app
- Go to General > Profile & Device Management and tap the Trust button to the side of the Yalu certificate
- From your home screen, tap on the icon called mach_portal and wait while the jailbreak installation completes; your device will respring when it is done
- Cydia will now be on your iPhone or iPad and is ready for use
After Jailbreak :
There are three things to be aware of :
- When you reboot your device, you will need to carry out Step 10 and Step 11 above to reload the jailbreak
- The Yalu certificate will expire every 7 days [ unless you use a developer ID, then it will be 12 months ] and you will need to Rejailbreak your device. Check out the linked article for information on how to do that.
- Download Cydia iOS 10.2